Saturday, November 19, 2011

How can I explain vector art in a simple way to people that don't know what it is?

I have found that it is hard to do and I would like it if someone could tell me a simple way to explain vector art.|||A vector is a picture that can be enlarged and shrunk as many times as needed without losing any quality or detail, and doesn't blur.





A bitmap is a picture (like a jpg) that begins to blur and lose detail if enlarged past its max resolution.





Vectors work great for logos and such that need to be put on different sized things.





A bitmap needs to be created at a size equal or larger to what it needs to be printed at with a high resolution (72 dpi for screen/web, 150 for print, 300 for glossy print)|||Vector images are created with mathematical algorithms where as raster images are created with pixels.





May I suggest wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_graphics) for a detailed answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment